Thursday 1 January 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! How does 2015 feel so far? Futuristic? I wish I could say I stayed up to see the clock strike 12 but, to the surprise of probably no one, I fell asleep at 10:30. Luckily, I got to experience the first few hours of 2015 with my lovely daughter Elsie who woke up at 3am with a poop that not only exploded out of her diaper and through her three layers of pajamas but also onto her bleary-eyed mother. Thanks Els! I think she enjoyed that 3am bath just as much as I did.

We had a great Christmas in Ireland. With the excitement of Santa, a big family Christmas dinner, St. Stephens' Day dinner and Elsie's Christening all happening right after each other, it was a good week of unwrapping presents, playing, eating and socializing.

Instead of flying to Dublin like we usually do, we decided to take the ferry to Belfast this time. And, despite a longgggggg detour due to a landslide on the way there, it was a great move. The kids did fab in the car, the ferry was a blast and we got to bring (and take home) a LOT of stuff. Any way to avoid the wear-everything-you-own-situation-just-to-make-your-bag-light-enough for Ryanair works for me!

Here are some photo highlights of our trip:

Jammies all day

William, Elsie and her godfather Anthony

Kids table on Christmas
Elsie's Christening cake


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...