Friday 5 December 2014

We got hitched!

After nine years together, William and I got married November 21st at 2:30pm. We were thrilled both our families could make it (despite us giving them six weeks notice!) and a lot of our Edinburgh friends.

A couple highlights from the day -

- Getting my hair done by the fabulous Lesleyanne Kearns.

- My dad (who arrived in Edinburgh two hours before the ceremony) left his glasses in the taxi from the airport so I took him and my mom to a drug store on the Royal Mile on the way to the Registrar to get a pair.

- Then, because we were early (and tired), we stopped at Starbucks to get a coffee before walking the rest of the way up the Mile. Some great comments from the Starbucks baristas!

- Keeley and Freddie walking down the aisle holding hands. Margaret, the only one with her hands free, holding Elsie, a bottle and a burp rag.

- Anna having the rings instead of Stephen (and because Freddie decided last minute to hold Keeley's hand instead of the rings).

- Walking down the aisle with my parents and trying to hold it together.

- Nursing Elsie in the car right outside the Lothian Chambers building.

- Driving to our reception at Hemma with Freddie plugging his ears and yelling 'I don't like loud noise! No like loud noise!" (our exhaust pipe broke that morning)

- Great food and friends. Fun to have all the kiddos!

- Celebrating our 'honeymoon' by my nieces, two of my sisters, myself and Freddie getting the flu. Ha!


Thanks SO much to the talented Raymond Keith for taking our photos.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...